We’re a bulk canola seed supplier with 2 types of canola for sale, Polish and Hybrid Canola. Each of these types have their pros and cons for growing in Saskatchewan.
This type of canola is used in three situations:
- Specialty as a last minute crop – Maturity time of 87 days
- Pre-crop for winter cereal – When seeded early harvest would occur in the 1st or 2nd week of August.
- To lengthen and improve the timing of harvest – Harvest in the 1st or 2nd week of August and take advantage of August canola delivery premiums.
AC® Synergy Synthetic Hybrid Polish Canola
AC® Synergy is a non-GMO synthetic hybrid polish canola variety with a 17% higher yield potential than AC Parkland and AC Sunbeam. Has a maturity of 87 days and very good white rust resistance.
If interested in buying, please contact us for polish canola and hybrid canola seed prices and we will get back to you as soon as possible with the price per bushel.
Canola Seed FAQ
What is canola seed?
Canola is an oilseed crop that is a type of Brassica napus (rapeseed) . It was created for improved oil and byproduct quality. While in full bloom, the plants flowers are bright yellow but its seeds vary by variety:
- Argentine canola seed are hues of black
- Polish canola seeds are a mixture of yellow, brown and black
For more information on canola, check out the Canola Council of Canada.
How long does it take for canola to germinate?
Canola typically takes between 7-10 days for the seed to germinate.